Friday, November 28, 2008

Plastic Bags and Hand Grenades

I medicate to ease my mind
Of all the ones who waste my time
To forgive is to forget none
Take a chance, it might be fun

I smoke a lot but who's to say
I won't become you some day
And slit my wrists, oh I'm so bored
The excess of always wanting more

Plastic bags and hand grenades
All I need is in my way
Life's a game, or so they say
Whose turn is it now, anyway?

I'm alive and I'm so young
What more could now go wrong?
I lost my mind, or just my face
Either/or scratch and replace

Take a dive and ride the bars
Alcohol and cash-car-stars
Adolescent pre-paid noose
What they say must be truth

I could play the game and dress like you
A cozy grin and business suit
Sell it all until the soul is gone
Everything where it belongs

Life's a game
Or so they say

- Solus

No comments: