Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I thought I'd re-post this poem again, after finding it the other night. I suppose this represents my incredibly romantic side. It comes from Media Blackout, but I would like it to be here too.

-------

Before I come clean
I hope that you are listening
I had been broken,
battered
But, now, none of that matters

Before I met you
I was a ghost of gray and blue
And the fire in my soul
Had extinguished, grown cold

Before I speak clear
Before you draw too near
Don't let the past bring you down
Don't let anyone push you around

I see the silent beauty in your eyes
It reminds me of the silence in mine
And I hope that you can understand
I can't offer much, but I am what I am
I am what I am

So, if my heart is not so soft
And my hands grow too rough
That does not mean I don't feel
It doesn't make this less real

Now, if you can take notice
If I haven't blundered through this
I mean to say, I will do what I can
And I want you to understand
I am what I am
And I hope that's enough
I hope you understand

- Solus


No comments: