Friday, September 5, 2008

Surface Chemistry

My mentor asked me to sit in on his surface chemistry class, again. I had taken it a few years prior, so while it wasn't anything new and refreshing, I figured it couldn't hurt to hear it all again. Maybe, it would set in more firmly in my head. I saw the students casually stroll in. As I looked across the classroom, I saw her sitting in the middle talking to a friend. It was a strange class for her to be taking, since she had no experience in chemistry, as far as I knew. I couldn't recall the last time we spoke, so I sat to the right and in front. I was sure she noticed me coming in, but still she kept on talking to her friend. I wondered to myself if she would ask me to help her with the course material, since having been through it, I knew that it was pretty intense. My mentor came in and set his books down.

No comments: