Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Wretched and Pathetic

Well, I woke last night to a vision in a dream
And another day steals the breath from out of me
You lead me down with questions I cannot believe
And you come so close, I forget to breathe

In my bed, I hear you whisper things I could never say
And you don’t mind, at least, you never seemed to care
The lines were drawn before I could even get away
Now, you move so fast, I wonder if you’re even there

I’m all alone, or that’s just the way you make me feel
Oh, I don’t know. I only know what you say is real
The lies I told were carbon copies I’d heard before
That you once sold me when you were feeling bored

You kiss my lips like the softest touch of silk and lace
And hold my heart like something so easily replaced
I never learned where you go to so swiftly forget
To never feel the lingering weight of old regrets

In my head, I hear you whisper things I could never say
But, I know you don’t mind ‘cause I know you aren’t there
The lines were drawn so fast I could never get away
You were gone, and I knew you never really cared

- Solus

No comments: