Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Waiting to Be Found Anew (or I’m Still Here)

If I should wander, or if I should err
Please believe in me; I will still be here
And if the silence should swallow
Every single note my heart sings to you
And if these dreams are filled with sorrow
I am waiting still to be found anew, by you

I may not have long now; I may not have much
But, I still believe in you, and I still believe in love
And if the taste should suddenly become bitter
And all your photos be forgotten in a hurry
I have not missed or lost a single silent letter
And my memory hasn’t become quite so blurry

To erase the vision of you in my arms,
The smile I loved, and tiny hands I’d hold
And leave you forgotten in the cold

I know I’m not perfect, nor is my life complete
I’ve just been waiting here, lost in my dreams
And if you should find yourself, one day, within your sleep
In places long forgotten and memories held so deep
I will remain adrift somewhere in this sea
And, I hope, someday, you will come and find me

- Solus

No comments: